Nixon is always asking me “Mommy, when you were little like me did you do this? Did you like that? Did you play with Barbies like me? What was your favorite ____?” She is full of questions about what I was like when I was little like her.
I often think about when my mom was my age and what life was like for her as she was married to a minister, moving around, taking care of 3 children all while my father finished school.
So I decided my 30th Birthday would be a great time to document 30 blessings in my life at 30 so that the girls (and Roman) can look back and see what their mom’s life was like at 30.
5. Epidurals– I am pregnant with my 4th child in 5 years. Epideral goes high on my list of blessings!
10. Serger– Jessica actually gave me this a few birthdays back. I love my serger! I don’t know why anyone would sew without one! It makes me feel like I am a better seamstress than I really am!
14. McDonald’s Rolo McFlurry! The only thing better than chocolate and peanut butter is chocolate and caramel! Add icecream and it is perfect! This was a new special McDonald’s offered this summer, it’s probly a good thing they no longer sell them.
19. Ruth- Right now I’m in the middle of a Ruth bible study. I’m loving the Truth it’s continually teaching me week by week! I also love the fellowship of women! (and we meet at Starbucks so that is a blessing inside a blessing)
20. Summerville Baptist Church- We are so very blessed with an amazing church family. Jared is the Minister of Education and Youth. We would have never imagined we would be so blessed when we drove into Phenix City, AL two years ago. We have made wonderful friends, Jared works with the best staff (including the best secretary EVER!), and we love the youth.
22. Camera- Speaking of Nicole she is also a photographer on the side. She knew my camera broke last Easter and insisted I use one of her extras. I was quickly spoiled by the DSLR camera. My wonderful sister bought me my own for my 30th birthday! I LOVE it! Now I just need to learn how to really use it!
23. I LOVE my Mac. I’m not sure why anyone uses a PC anymore. I’m sure if my girls are reading this in 20 years they will have something that makes our computers look totally ridiculous!
24. My High School Friends– I know I said I wasn’t going to name people but this is really the blessing that I have kept in touch with my closest friends from high school. (even after being out of HS for almost 12 years) I know no matter how far away or how long it has been since we talked we are here for each other! I love Tara Leonard, Sarah Storm, Jenn Hood, and Paige Dunnington. Yes, they are all married but I like their maiden names better! And I can’t leave off Tara Hodges (Even though we didn’t actually go to HS together 😉 I wish I had a picture but HS was before the days of digital pictures…I really am old!
25. One-A-Day Contacts– I have been wearing contacts since Jr. High but my wonderful mother-in-law introduced me to one-a-days! They have changed my life. I should be a spokesman for them. I really love them that much. So until I save enough for eye lasik surgery they will continue to be one of my greatest daily blessings!
26. Sound Machines– We have a sound machine in every bedroom. Without them I do not think any of my children would sleep at night or nap-time. I love sleep therefore I really love sound machines.
27. Atlanta Market Cash and Carry– Twice a year Jessica and I are able to go without children (well, Jessica has carried around a baby or two before) and shopped until our feet could take no more! I love going to Market. It is a close favorite to Black Friday. Great deals, wholesale prices, but more importantly mommy time for me, Jessica, and when we are lucky a few of our friends. (Please note Jared has and will be keeping all 7 kids by himself all day to allow us to go)
28. Facebook– I know I know, there are so many negatives and I often hope it’s not around when my kids get older but I do love how I can stay in touch with all my friends and family. Living so far away from family makes FB a blessing.
29. College Friends- Again, since I am not suppose to be naming people I am recognizing the fact that I have continued the relationships God gave me during my 4 amazing years at Troy. You know who you are and for my girl’s reading this 20 years from now I hope you know who they are too. If anything know that friendships are some of God’s greatest blessings. I pray when you go off to college the Lord blesses you as much as he did me with the special friends I continue to have in my life! Below are just a few of the many I hold dear!
30.My Blog– I am not a sentimental person nor do I have time to scrapbook. Sorry kids you won’t each get a personal scrapbook from every year of your childhood. But I did start blogging this year and I am so very thankful. It has made me write down and organize our most precious memories. Without it you would not be reading this. So for that I count it as one of my favorite blessings I have in life right now.